Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Definition of Grace

Today my readings took me to three new blogs, all of which had one thing in common - Grace. These three blogs were from parents of children with Type 1 diabetes. All of the children were daughters named Grace. Of course, because I have a Grace with Type 1, I found this very strange, interesting, coincidental? Who knows, but it got me thinking about "Grace" and it's meaning. I pulled some definitions from the Merriam-Webster online dictionary. This is what I found:

Grace:
1 a : unmerited divine assistance given humans for their regeneration or sanctification
b : a virtue coming from God
c : a state of sanctification enjoyed through divine grace

Regeneration: renewal or restoration of a body, bodily part, or biological system (as a forest) after injury or as a normal process

Virtue:
3 : a beneficial quality or power of a thing
4 : manly strength or courage : valor
5 : a commendable quality or trait : merit
6 : a capacity to act

This is not the first time I've pulled the meaning of Gracies name, but after reading about three other extrodinary Grace's today, it just touched me a little more today. It added to my existing belief that there is definitely something special about these T1 kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment